Friday, June 20, 2014

Our Magical Summer

When I was a kid, summers meant getting outside as fast as humanly possible. I remember eating breakfast on the driveway because it was the only time all day it was cool enough for bare feet. 

And my feet were always bare.

I remember playing dinosaurs with my brothers and reading books all day among the branches of my favorite tree. Imagination overload. It was the best.

I remember washing off all the dirt at night and then falling asleep in a fort watching a movie with chocolate milk. My childhood summers were magical.

---

One of my biggest (irrational, I'll admit) fears as a parent is that my kid will remember me as the mom in front of the screen. I've alluded to that before. 

But this summer, there's no way that's going to happen. 

I've created a hashtag on Instagram: #ourmagicalsummer. So far, there have been lemonade stands, fairy wings, a pet turtle, and adventures with the older neighbor kids she adores. 

See Exhibit A below:



How much more magical does it get than bare feet, a ballet bun, a dress for twirling, and fairy wings? She only gets to be a kid once, so we're going to make it our mission to find out.

---

What do you remember about your magical summers?

1 comments:

Jaime Wright said...

Add coming to Aunt Jaime's house to your #ourmagicalsummer list! :)

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

The Naptime Novelists | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates