Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Celebrating the Get-Up-And-Go


I just celebrated a three day weekend with the kiddos. This is a wonderful break from the get-up-and-go that seems to invade every moment of my week. Get up and go to work, get up and go home, get up and go to the softball game, get up and go do laundry, get up and go and to church, get up and go write, get up and .... sorry ... I almost got carried away there.

It was a pleasant weekend, this July 4th, to watch my son hold and swirl his first sparkler. Daddy gave it to him. Mommy imagined all sorts of horrific things happening. Like it exploding and my son ending up in the burn unit. Not sure how a sparkler would explode, but yeah, there goes my writer's imagination. Instead, he waved it with a starry-eyed gaze on his face, no smile, and a well spoken "oh." when it burned out. That's my boy.

Of course he had to wear his raincoat to ward of mosquitoes and gnats. And then wild leaping launch into my lap when Daddy set off the screaming firework bomb made it all worth it.

My arms were full this Fourth of July. Full of celebrating the get-up-and-go hug my family moments. The get up and go love on my kids.

Have gotten up and went lately? To the important things in life?

1 comments:

Laurie Tomlinson said...

You give snapshots of motherhood just as brilliantly as suspense fiction. <3 that about you!

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

The Naptime Novelists | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates