Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Confessions: Wuthering Heights

My laundry piles have reached new heights. The Wuthering sort that leave you morbid and blah for the next week. Piles of clean that don't get out away that get mixed with piles of dirty and suddenly I've doubled my laundry.

My secret: Mom's coming back!

My confession: I'm 37 and my mom still does my laundry

Yes. It's true. Just cause I work full time I've yet to enjoy the luxury of a maid. Yep. That'll never happen. So the chores are there when I leave for work and there when I come home. Except on Mondays. 

My mom watches the kids on Mondays. She calls it "Nanny time". I called "God inspired".

She's been in the process of a move with my dad from their home of thirty years to a new place of respite. So I've been without my Monday missionary for SIX WEEKS. It got so bad with the laundry that my husband went to walmart to buy new underwear. Yes he knows how to do laundry but he works too. So he gets a pass. 

But this week? She returns. En force. To do my laundry and dump all the clean clothes in piles on my bed. It's usually half sorted when I get home. 

Hi. My name is Jaime. My mom folds my underwear. Deal with it. ;)

More true confessions to come ...  There's no shame for those of us who have doting moms. Zero. Shame. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

The Naptime Novelists | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates