Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Activity: Blueberry Picking

I've had to show major restraint on Instagram lately because I want to post all the pictures of my daughter. This has been such a fun age (for the most part), and I want to capture it in its entirety and soak up every moment of it.

This week while I was on Facebook, I saw a friend liked one of our favorite local spots, Thunderbird Berry Farm. So, being the shameless individual that I am, I texted her and asked her to invite us when she and her kids decided to go since AG and I hadn't been this year.

Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long...


Ripe for the pickin'

Stopping for a sample

So proud of her bounty


Look how cute they are! So what if AG picked some greenberries and pinkberries, too? She had lots of fun with good friends. (And the greenberries reminded me of crabapples I used to eat straight from the tree when I was kid!) 

Like any outdoor activity, if you're going berry picking this summer, make sure to bring plenty of water (I failed at this) and slather on the sunscreen. 

If we can find a berry farm within driving distance of Tulsa, Oklahoma, I'm sure there's one close to you, too!

What are your favorite out-of-the-box activities for summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

The Naptime Novelists | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates